Inquirer's Discussion Group: The Episcopal Church - What We Believe, Who We Are, What We Do, Where We Are Going
Time & Location
About The Event
The Episcopal Church - What We Believe, Who We Are, What We Do, Where We Are Going
Beginning Sunday, July 11, 2021, during fellowship following the nine o’clock a.m. service at St. Matthew’s, Chipley, Florida, the Reverend Deborah Kempson-Thompson will lead an inquirer’s discussion group for those seeking information about the Episcopal Church or desiring an opportunity to refresh their knowledge and share their faith experiences. The inquirers discussion group is open to all parishioners and the community at large. The group will meet on the second Sundays in July, August, and September for about an hour in the fellowship hall—we expect to close the sessions with prayer no later than 11:15 a.m.
- July 11, What We Believe explores The Book of Common Prayer – Outline of Faith, p. 845—please look over this section in advance of meeting. The Online Book of Common Prayer, (https://bcponline.org). Copies of the BCP for Sunday’s group discussion provided by the church.
- August 8, Who We Are, What We Do, addresses questions generated by The Episcopal Handbook and group members’ experiences.
- September 12, Where We Are Going focuses on Divine Aloha: Stories from St. Jude's Episcopal Church and members’ ideas about the church’s place in contemporary society.
Purchase is optionl:
- The Book of Common Prayer, Pew, Red Hardcover – September 1, 1979, ($17.72, hardback, available on Amazon.com)
- Divine Aloha: Stories from St. Jude's Episcopal Church, 188 pages, published March 2020 ($12.99 Paperback—available on Amazon.com),
- The Episcopal Handbook, Revised Edition– March 1, 2015 ($24.95 Paperback. $13.95 Kindle—available on Amazon.com) (There is a 2008 edition for only $4.84 paperback, available on Amazon.com)
Contact: The Rev. Deborah Kempson-Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org